Thursday, November 22, 2012

Delirium Dive, Sunshine - photographer: Richard Hallman

Amazing News! For the second time in history, Delirium Dive at Sunshine  is opening early - in fact today, so a great USA Thanksgiving gift to us all. 

Even though I am way down south in Columbia, South Carolina, it is great news for me as I am coming to the Canadian Rockies on December 15. If there is that much snow at Sunshine right now then it augurs well for my two-week trip!!

Last time I skied Delirium was a gorgeous sunny day. I was with my husband, my younger son and his friend, in the company of a few guides and a photographer from SKI Magazine. You can see the photos in the Jan 2012 edition of the mag although only the two lads made it into the published pictures.

I'm so excited that resorts all over Alberta and BC are notching up early openings due to the substantial snowpack in Canada. Lake Louise is wide open already and Mt Norquay and Nakiska have been operating since Halloween. 


Euan Sadler skiing Delirium Dive for the first time





With five newspaper writing assignments, I will be skiing Lake Louise, Sunshine, Mt Norquay, Kimberley, Kicking Horse and Panorama this December. 

My advice to everyone: get out on the slopes before the Boxing Day rush. You can sometimes get the best skiing of the entire season in the quiet lead up to Christmas while everyone else is out doing their holiday shopping.